Description of Organization and Service Provided
Help with your prescription drug costs:
Help in planning your retirement:
Strategies to boost your benefits:
Estimating your benefits:
The Retirement Estimator produces estimates that are based on your actual Social Security earnings record. Retirement estimates are just that, estimates. They will vary slightly from the actual benefit you may receive in the future because:
- Your Social Security earnings record is constantly being updated;
- Our calculators use different parameters and assumptions (e.g., different stop work ages, future earnings projections, etc.); and
- Your actual future benefit will be adjusted for inflation.
Applying for Benefits:
- Apply for Social Security Retirement, Disability or Survivors benefits.
- Apply for Medicare close to your 65th birthday.
- Appeal a disability claim that was denied.
- Apply for extra help with Medicare prescription drug costs.
- How to get certified copies of important documents, such as birth and marriage certificates.
- Request a proof of income letter
- Change your address/ or add direct deposit
- Request a form 1099 Social Security Benefit Statement – for your taxes
- Request a replacement Medicare card
- Have federal taxes withheld from your Social Security benefit.
Death of a Beneficiary
- Report when someone who receives Social Security benefits dies.
- Request a Social Security Statement of earnings and estimated benefits
- Reminder: Change your address with your employer/IRS
Social Security Cards
- Request a card if yours is lost or stolen
- Change your name on your card
Reminder: You need to sign-up for Medicare close to your 65th birthday, even if you will not be retired by that time. (If you are receiving Social Security benefits when you turn 65, your Medicare Hospital Benefits start automatically.)Cost of Service
Social Security is a free service of the Federal GovernmentMethods of payments accepted
-Reduced Rate Accepted?
-Accepted Insurance Types
-Certifications / Credentials
-This page was last updated by the provider on 12/8/2015