a day to honor and celebrate the family caregiver
Caregiver Wellness Day 2018
Thursday, November 15
8:30am to 3:30pm
The Hotel at Kirkwood Center
RSVP required, REGISTER BY NOV 8 :
contact Maria Donohoe at (319) 540-5079
Join us at The Hotel at Kirkwood Center for a day to honor and celebrate the family caregiver. This event will be filled with motivation and information to inspire you and give thanks for the hard work and dedication you, as a caregiver, provide.
The Heritage Area Agency on Aging has supported CWD for 17 years, and we invite you, the caregiver, to join us for a day of information, motivation but most importantly, rejuvenation.
This FREE event is offered to all family caregivers.
We welcome attendees from not only our service area, but all of Iowa and beyond.
This 2018 year's event will feature
- Breakfast and lunch are included.
- Free respite care is available upon request.
- Guest keynote speakers, Mary Sharp and Rachel Kail, a mother and daughter duo, speaking on their personal experiences caregiving for a family member
- Panel discussion about long-term care and how to pay for it
- A pamper room
- Therapy dogs
- Resource fair with access to a multitude of resources featuring local experts along the continuum of care
Transportation - Make your plans today to take the 380 Express bus to the Caregiver Wellness Day on Thursday, November 15.
To arrange a special transfer to the Caregiver Wellness Day at The Hotel, from the 380 Express bus stop at the Kirkwood Cedar Rapids Campus, contact Kelly Schneider, Johnson County Mobility Coordinator, at 319-356-6090
.The fare for the 380 Express is $1.75-3.00 each way. The transfer is free and coordinated with The Hotel at Kirkwood Center.