- The Johnson County Board of Supervisors announces up to six vacancies on the Livable Community for Successful Aging Policy Board. The vacancies are for three-year terms beginning July 1, 2018 and expiring June 30, 2021. Completed applications due by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 5, 2018. Read the 2018 news release and learn more about the Policy Board. 2018 March
- Meals on Wheels Seeks Volunteers: This program provides a hot meal daily to homebound older adults in Johnson County, and is seeking volunteers to deliver meals on a weekly basis from 10:45am to 1:00pm. Contact Dorene at 319-338-0515 or visit https://www.elderservicesinc.org/meals-on-wheels.html
- MyCarDoesWhat.org is a website that answers all your questions about new car safety technologies that help you drive safer, since the world of driving safety is changing more rapidly than ever!
- You can eat healthy and stick to a tight grocery budget: Check out the Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website, which provides great ideas on how to plan, shop, and cook to get the most out of your food dollars.
- Livable Communities: View a slideshow of features (such as walkability, places to gather, outdoor spaces) that make a city, town, or neighborhood a livable place for being 50-plus — or any age.
Events view our online community calendar
Johnson County Kudos Johnson County consistently receives high accolades in the news
View our newsletter