Medical Transportation Program
Do you know of a senior who would appreciate a ride to and from medical appointments? The Medical Transportation Program at Elder Services Inc. provides that service for seniors in Johnson County. Volunteers associated with the Retired Senior Volunteer Program
(RSVP) provide rides to and from the senior’s home to various medical
facilities in the area, including hospitals, clinics, doctor’s offices,
dentist, and therapy facilities. Cost: There is no charge for this service, but we do accept donations - suggested contributions are $5.00 each way or $10.00 round trip, but special
accommodations are made for those who cannot afford that level of
contribution. A notice of at least a week to ten days is
recommended as all drivers are volunteers, and
with a few days of lead time, the scheduling is most successful.
Contact United Way of Johnson County and Washington County: Call or email
Volunteer: If you would like to help provide rides to seniors, please contact
us. Volunteers find that helping seniors to their medical
appointments is rewarding and needed in Johnson County.
This Medical Transportation Program was initially spearheaded by Livable Community's Transportation Action Team.
Johnson County Mobility Coordinator
Social Services Mobility Coordinator, 855 S. Dubuque St. Ste. 202B, Iowa City, IA 52240
www.johnson-county.com/mobility | 319-356-6090 | email@example.com
Anyone can contact the Mobility Coordinator regarding a transportation need. The services of the Mobility Coordinator are provided at no charge to the user. Funding for the Mobility Coordinator is made possible through the Iowa DOT, Johnson County, City of Iowa City and City of Coralville.
• Johnson County’s single point of contact for transportation referrals, education and community outreach.
• Aims to increase awareness of public transit and expand potential ridership.
• Strives to improve overall mobility for elderly, low-income persons, and persons with disabilities.
The Mobility Coordinator is here to help you
• Learn more about transportation options available to you in Johnson County.
• Discover how to reach points of interest
• Plan a trip
• Learn how to understand bus routes (printed and online)
• Learn how to download and use the Bongo smartphone application for real-time bus predictions.