Medical Transportation Program – 55+ RSVP
55+ Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) has a medical transportation
program that provides rides to individuals 55+ and disabled adults who have no other means of getting to medical appointments. Individuals must be able to safely transfer themselves in and out of a vehicle and must complete an enrollment form for services. Service is free to Johnson County residences and facilitated by the United Way of Johnson & Washington Counties. All transportation is provided by Volunteers using their own vehicles for transportation. Volunteer Drivers have a good driving record, a valid driver’s license, and verified auto insurance. One week advanced notice of appointments is helpful to coordinate volunteers as rides are based on volunteer availability.
Contact United Way of Johnson & Washington Counties: 319-338-7823 or email: email@example.com – www.unitedwayjwc.org/UWRSVP
Want to Volunteer? If you are 55+ and would like to be a Volunteer Driver, please contact us. Volunteers find that transporting seniors to their medical appointments is rewarding and needed in Johnson County.
Johnson County Mobility Coordinator
Social Services Mobility Coordinator, 855 S. Dubuque St. Ste. 202B, Iowa City, IA 52240
www.johnson-county.com/mobility | 319-356-6090 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone can contact the Mobility Coordinator regarding a transportation need. The services of the Mobility Coordinator are provided at no charge to the user. Funding for the Mobility Coordinator is made possible through the Iowa DOT, Johnson County, City of Iowa City and City of Coralville.
• Johnson County’s single point of contact for transportation referrals, education and community outreach.
• Aims to increase awareness of public transit and expand potential ridership.
• Strives to improve overall mobility for elderly, low-income persons, and persons with disabilities.
The Mobility Coordinator is here to help you
• Learn more about transportation options available to you in Johnson County.
• Discover how to reach points of interest
• Plan a trip
• Learn how to understand bus routes (printed and online)
• Learn how to download and use the Bongo smartphone application for real-time bus predictions.