Mission: To serve as a unifying structure that
fosters effective collaboration, communication, and education that will
build and sustain a livable community for successful aging.
Vision: To help Johnson County become a more livable community where everyone can age successfully.
Johnson County will be a livable community which has:
• Health and support services
• Transportation and mobility options
• Affordable, accessible, and appropriate housing
• Community and economic development
• Cultural, volunteer, life-long learning and employment opportunities
• Public safety
Which together facilitate personal independence and the engagement of residents in civic and social life.
Key Purposes of the JCLC Policy Board:
• Prepare Johnson County to address the needs of an aging population.
• Serve as a unifying structure that brings together common interests
and collective resources to foster effective collaboration, cooperation,
communication, education and direction of efforts that will build and
sustain a livable community for successful aging.